Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pleasing the dominant

Those of us with a creative soul need to alter and adjust people and places to suit ourselves; to give birth to something in our own image. The talented hairdresser wishes to transform a woman into someone with self confidence and flair. The fashion stylist wishes to make the woman more beautiful and alluring when she wears his or her creations. Interior designers wish to create beautiful, comfortable rooms in which people can live happily and calmly; an oasis from the busy world outside. Novelists want to create a world which the reader will find so absorbing it will be difficult to put down the book. Musicians long for those evenings when the sound they create is sublime; never mind that it is just for an hour or so. They strive for perfection. They long to play better than they ever played before.

In the world of power exchange, the dominant can wish to transform a woman's mind. In order to get there he's likely to also want to transform her body. 'Owner tags', for example, are a permanent reminder that the person is 'owned'; that her body and her mind - her whole sense of happiness and fulfillment really - are at the behest of, and under the control of, the dominant member of the relationship.

It won't matter how much interaction I have with dominants. Their words cannot suffice to explain their head space such that I can explain it in my own words. I can only imagine what they might mean; what they might want. For a long time, I saw the exchange, at its most heady, as one person giving herself over to the other. By doing this, the submissive member of the exchange was giving her trust, and her love, to the other. He might want more than she wanted, more than she ever imagined she wanted, but over time his desires would naturally - by various means of persuasion - become her desires. Together, they'd experience unimaginably erotic highs.

He'd luxuriate in her ability to 'let go' and let him lead; to experience such divine eroticism. He would have created, and transformed, an average woman into a slutti, mindless, sex craved fucktoy. They'd both be unbelievably aroused and connected in the experience; the ultimate in sexual libido at its highest and pleasure in the extreme. He could wallow in her acceptance of his appetite. In the state she is hardly in a position to challenge or berate his behavior. She's just as bad; just as naughty.  Her appetite is just as voracious. Look in the mirror. Take note of the photograph. Evidence. A slut is born. This is really as far as my mind went.

I now think I see something that I had overlooked before. Some dominants cannot and will not be satiated. That is to say, enough will never be enough. An owner's tag can be heavier. A heavier ring through the nipples can hold a heavier bell or weight. A woman can be locked away, should he choose. There are chastity belts, a constant reminder of the 'owned' state. He can lock her pussy cunt; attached rings in her pussy cunt and padlock them together. He can 'request' a tattoo marking his possession, or he might want to see her in a corset, restraining her such that her waist is adorably small.

Some dominants want full control over the submissive's hair style and color, her wardrobe, her weight, her exercise regime. Other dominants might lead a woman to a new way of life; a different course of undertaking her days. 'Dom with Pen', a perfectly sane individual as far as I can tell, doesn't shy away from the fact that he wishes his girl were a housewife and not in the teaching profession.

What I am getting at is that the dominant position isn't necessarily one whereby it is about leading a woman to express and live out her own personal, unfulfilled and perhaps unexpressed desires. He wants waaaaaaaaay more than that. He wants her to do 'it' - whatever the 'it' is this time. He wants her to do  'it' because it would be pleasing to him.

I referred a few posts ago to the fact that the dominant may not accept 'no' as an acceptable answer. It's not the sort of arrangement where she can say - "I tried. I just can't." He's not going to accept that, this dominant. She needs to try harder. She needs to train more regularly. He's not whistling dixie here. He means it. He has decreed it and she will do it.

There is a persuasion of a similar kind that goes on with vanilla folk, I think. He wants the job in London and he means to have it, whether they have to uproot and she leaves behind all that she loves, or not. He wants to grow a beard and she has no choice but to accept his decision even though she much prefers him clean shaved. For some men, their will must be done. They mean to have their way - not in a selfish way, necessarily. There is a good chance that the decision is right for both of them, ultimately. But, his will will be done.

In power exchange terms, I suppose you would say that between the couple, there are no real limits and there certainly is no safe word she intends to ever use. He controls. She does his bidding. Now, not for a minute would I suggest that this situation is intended to harm or be in any way negative. In a healthy 'all or nothing' power exchange the dominant is so incredibly responsible for the submissive that he carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. He is the 'all mighty' ruler and as such he understands he bears responsibility if something goes wrong. He needs constant and open communication with her in order to function. He'll always listen. But, he, ultimately will decide and she, ultimately, must concede to him. Never mind that these ideas are new; radical; outside of her knowledge banks, desires and wants. His wants are, inevitably, her wants. She, at the end of the day, if not before, will be enriched; praised; adored. Enticed?

5 comments:

  1. "His wants are, inevitably, her wants." Beautifully said.

    Susan aka July Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, yeah, I'm glad Master doesn't have any interest in that list of possibilities. The thing is, even though the list of things he wants isn't real long, even the little things add up. Whenever Master visits he always finds something new to criticize, that he didn't criticize the week before. So my list of things to do around the apartment to prepare for Master's visit always gets longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan: Thank you.

    Tiklish: I was giggling away reading your comment. I did have some rather extreme examples in there, didn't I, indicative of my mood at the time of writing. It's interesting how we all have our quirks. I tried to put myself in your position. Certainly, my husband has his little pet peeves. e.g. I don't dry myself well enough before moving around the bathroom apparently and he doesn't like it when I leave the washing up water in the sink (in case a few more items turn up). I try to avoid doing the things that annoy him because he'll make note of them and then that annoys me. Back when I worked I was 'trained' really to do everything his way. The flowers always looked like they'd just been picked and the blotter on the writing pad was all crisp and new looking. If he got too finicky I'd make a mark on the blotter when he was out. That really got to him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you know what kind of things I'm talking about. Yes! First he complained that I hang my towel on the towel rack after drying off, then he complained I'm not dry enough so I'm making wet footprints in the hall, then last time he was here I'd just showered and he complained that I hadn't dried my hair afterwards. I never dry my hair after I shower. Suddenly he noticed? I always let it dry naturally. My hair is dry and split-ended enough as it is, there's no way I would ever consider blowing it dry. So yeah, there's always something. We don't live together. This is my apartment, so unless he wants to start paying the rent I will walk around with damp feet whenever I want. lol.

      Delete
  4. Tiklish: Funny. Just a word of warning. They do tend to be persistent. You're likely to hear about the wet feet and so on until you 'mend your ways'. LOL

    ReplyDelete