Monday, August 8, 2011

Switching on the chakras



I think I would be prepared to walk over hot coals to get to my meditation class on Tuesday lunchtimes. I love it that much! I have had some great visualizations that way and in a sense I feel like my meditation teacher and I have walked together through the range of emotions that have presented themselves to me over the past few months.

We have been working on the 7 chakras over the past three sessions and it has taken a little getting to know and understand them for me to take it all on. I had to familiarize myself with the colors and places in the body and I had to confirm my visual perspective of turning the chakras on. I got right away the idea of "flipping the switch on"  since cindi has a bimbo "switch" and I have been turning that on for years.

The part about visualizing the turning on of the chakras that I wasn't certain about was if I turned them on in the front of my body or the back, or both? The following session Bec brought in a picture of what they might look like turned on and I could now understand that they were turning balls of energy. Yep yep, got that now, but I still needed to know more. "How fast do they spin?" I wanted to know. That is when I got the potentially worrying news that they can "over spin" which might mean that I was not dealing with reality but living in a fantasy world.

I closed my eyes and settled, ready for my chakras to spin themselves into oblivion. As deeply entrenched in the land of bimbo as was I,  surely this was my fate. Not at all! My chakras were if anything, labored. I was spinning them with some sort of hand crank. It was not until Bec led me into a much more comfortable zone that my chakras spun comfortably and effortlessly and with balance.

With that session under my belt, I went home to research. I needed to know much more about chakras and the Dalai Lama's 'Mind in Comfort and Ease' is on its way to me as we speak. In the meantime, a cursory look on the Internet revealed that I could take a 'chakra test' to see which ones were not working effectively. I took the test on the weekend at a time when I felt out of sorts, abandoned, helpless and feisty all at the same time; me at my most vulnerable and needy. Not a good look! Lo and behold, my chakras were all "weak": not a strength to be found amongst them.

It is already Monday for me, though probably not for you, and I was awakened to the news that Monday morning would now be a morning of "discipline" to set me straight for the week ahead. Oh goody! I got paddled and used, always a delicious combination. But, even more edifying was the rolled up newspaper bent across the car bonnet when we both arrived home separately from an early task only for my husband to discover that I had left the garage door open in my haste. It was lovely and stingy and relatively long and it completed the re-setting of my head completely.

I came upstairs and when I checked my emails I saw that a link had been sent to sit the same chakra test. I must have done that twice without realizing. I decided to take the test again with my new mindset and the results were very different. In fact, only two chakras remained "weak" whilst the rest were now "strong". Isn't that interesting?!

I now know where my focus must lie - on my "personal power chakra" (yellow) and on my "crown chakra" (violet) and that certainly makes sense to me since those are areas of life that I identified myself earlier in the year that are in need of work. Nice to know I was on the right track.

But, the point I did want to make was that I, and perhaps other people with submissive natures, tend to change their mindset with the wind. One day is gloomy and the next full of sunshine depending, it would seem, on how right they feel with the world. When they feel in their rightful place down there on the bottom, it elevates their state of mind and gives them a supremely better and more positive point of view.

2 comments:

  1. How interesting. I definitely feel chakras even though i didnt realize thats what they were necessarily. I'll have to read more. You're the second sub I follow who has written about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K: It just gets more and more fascinating to me. Yesterday we worked on the personal power chakra. Bec told us of a visualization that I will try to write about next time - a sort of "burning" of the negative behaviours of a loved one, but first wrapping them in a secure fireproof blanket. It emitted a strong response in me just hearing about the visualization, let alone actually doing it. I want to know so much more.

    ReplyDelete