Sunday, August 21, 2011

Acceptance

If we know what it is to fall in love - the blood rushing to the head, the pitter pat of our hearts, the endless thinking about someone and wanting of someone, the way the world changes on a dime in terms of light and a sense of beauty that was not previously there - then we have some vague idea of what it is to reveal our innermost desires and thoughts.

I speak of those thoughts that have been our shadow for so many years. Speaking about them, writing about them, experiencing them for real is a heady, light hearted experience not unlike falling in love. You feel extraordinarily lucky. You feel sorry for all the other smucks who don't know what you know. You feel rather full of yourself and feel sometimes that you might burst, holding in this delicious secret that you would like to share with the rest of the world but dare not (hence this web journal).

There were endless opportunities for me to feel superior. How could you all be leading a full life, I would think around a table of friends or people at a dinner or lunch, if you don't know what I know; if you have not experienced what I have experienced? I just felt so extraordinarily lucky to be living finally as I wanted to live, you see.

I have always wanted a very deep connection, to feel a total sex pot; to be done over repeatedly for hours and hours. I wanted to feel a little fear; to not be sure what was going to happen next; to be told what to do, even if I was not at all sure that I wanted to do it. It provided me with the rushes of a lifetime. To have to bite down on the fact that I was being forced (well not literally forced but in my mind, believing there was no alternative) to do something according to the will of another was mind blowingly thrilling - the resistance, the eventual conviction to do it their way, the sense of elation of mission accomplished, the praise...ahhhh, the praise...all more than worth it in the end.My journey into the world of submission was orgasmically, spectacularly thrilling for me and I regret not a single moment of it.

And, then one day, it came to an end. It didn't so much peter out as simply dry up. There were offers to pick up from there but I declined. I seemed to have lost the will. I leaked (tears that just came at inappropriate moments) for too long, was vulnerable for too long and my self-preservation instinct kicked in. I needed to be busy. I needed to find succor in other ways. I needed to look about me with fresh eyes and see what I may have missed while I had been intellectually absent.

I absorbed myself in life in endless ways. I took on new challenges. I faced the fact that I was needed and I dealt with those needs, attended to other people. I determined to focus on calm and a serene peace of mind and as I did so I discovered I had more in reserve - felt better equipped to face and deal with the challenges in front of me.

I could see adjustments in attitude, in resilience and in willingness to try to look at life in new ways in those about me. Either it was an enormous co-incidence or my more serene state of mind was having an effect on others. Again, it was like discovering a whole new way to live. I was not abandoning what had brought me joy before; not at all. But, in its absence I had chosen to love, to forgive, to understand and to accept that I held the keys to change. It was again up to me to find the path forward and in my solitary pursuits such as meditation I had enabled myself to soften more; to be loving in spite of loss I thought might well be inconsolably sad for me. I began to feel the path to the future opening up to me and embracing me as if to say, "You have found your way. Now, it will be all right." There was a divinity about that feeling.

Last night I attended a chamber music dinner which was indeed sublime. Yes, the room was gorgeous: the flowers, the lighting, the table settings, the food and wine. But, it was the music played by boys as young as 14 and as old as 18 that was heavenly. They were passionate, meticulous; united and inspirational. We are talking 'creme de la creme' here; boys who could easily make music their career if they so chose.  It was one 'wow' moment after another and clearly moved, the musical director of the school stood up and said something like, "These boys will never live in the same way again.  Actually playing this music at this level...they will always remember it...hold it in their hearts...and it will effect their lives in a positive way for as long as they live."

This is exactly how I feel about my explorations - those explorations that I have reported in this journal. Even if I never experience again what I have done in the past in quite the same way, that I lived as I wanted to live, experienced what I want to experience, means that I will never live the same way again and will hold those experiences in my heart for as long as I live. I have been truly blessed.


5 comments:

  1. At times of great change it is often hard to know which direction to turn, what is suppose to take the place of the activity you were involved in,especially if it was something that filled life with great joy. I think it shows great wisdom that you have spent this time focusing on meditation, self growth as well as serving others. Acceptance is a very powerful, perhaps the most powerful, submissive act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant ever imagine not living this lifestyle i have chosen and with the man i have chosen to live with. I take it a day at a time and cherrish every moment in case that moment is the last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serenity and kiwigirliegirl: Thank you for your comments. My lttle world came crashing down all at once in more ways than one and as much as I refuse to allow it to defeat me it has been a huge personal challenge. I looked at my life and determined what to do. I found my life was a bit like losing a house and needing to rebuild. When you rebuild a house you have to start right at the beginning and that is what I have done at home, whilst holding onto some strategies that aid me on my own.

    It is entirely right to live one day at a time and to cherish every moment. Dominant personalities are as vulnerable as we are and things happen in their lives that make it difficult for them to fulfil their roles at times. It is just life. We are all human.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vesta, you put yourself out there in a way that few people do. Many people recoil from any thoughts that bubble up from the subconscious that might disturb their flat, circumscribed lives. Taking on the challenges they represent is a huge growth opportunity, and you've grown in that spiritual dimension faster and with more grace in a few short years than most people grow in their adult lifetime. You're a shining star, and we all know it because you put yourself out there on the blogs. Thank you for sharing your precious life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rich: I'm in tears, but good tears. Thank you SO much for your extremely kind and generous words. They mean a great deal to me.

    ReplyDelete