Monday, December 2, 2013

Obedience as it relates to arousal

Life is stranger than fiction. If I needed to make the connections between the events of the recent past with the events of the weekend I'd be hard pressed to do so. Why was this weekend so vastly different from the period of time before it?

Well, I'd expressed my dissatisfaction, loud and clear. And, not that long after that, he'd express some dissatisfaction of my behavior loud and clear as well. We'd both been given reason to pause and reflect and we'd both done that. Without getting too close and personal what I am saying is that there had been a shift in both of our states of mind as to possible solutions to our personal dilemma.

He took the initiative. Well, we had a chat on the couch first, when he got home from a dinner Thursday night and I kissed him goodnight. He came to bed sometime after I was asleep. He had been watching some World Movie about a woman and two men, was ravenous, and that got the ball rolling.

From there, there were several encounters over the weekend, each one bringing us closer together, each one relaxing me further and further. He wanted service and I was happy to give him the service he required. The details aren't for public consumption but what I will say is that I was aware of how spectacularly easy it was for me to obey every command and to take whatever he chose to give me. Obedience wasn't so much easy really as completely comfortable; compliance felt normal; right; as things should be in my life. I radiated in being obedient. It felt an enormous relief to be tested in these ways.

Later, as we were laying in one another's arms, after one of those 'after sex' naps that take you into a very deep sleep, he said to me, "You must never let another man know of your abilities to comply; what you can take. It would be dangerous. There's nothing you can't do; no place a man can't take you."

I thought about this a while. I was aware of this deep all body and mind erogenous zone for me; this great comfort I took in being nothing more than a fucktoy; this relief at expressing this part of me.

"I don't see how BDSM can happen with someone you don't know well. I can't travel to these places if I don't trust. It takes enormous trust."

"Oh, I think some girls go there, or try to go there, even with men who aren't trustworthy. That's what gets them into trouble."

I'm sure he's right, but I can't imagine it myself. I can't envisage being able to 'let go' with someone you don't love; maybe someone with whom you have developed a deep bond. I'm not entirely sure. I've had so few partners in my life. I know my desire to 'belong' is likely to be an issue in such a scenario. I know myself too well to believe that I can give that much to a man who doesn't think of me as 'his' - all pure speculation anyway.

I've heard of some people who are able to obey - to do things that don't turn them on; day after day. There isn't necessarily arousal in it for them; or at least, certainly not all of the time. Well, there is duty, isn't there? I have to go now and sort out the kitchen and the laundry and I am not getting any arousal out of the thought of doing that. I just know I'll be pleased when it is done and I can move onto something more fun.

Being a man's 'submissive' is like that - we aren't going to like all the things we have to do and we aren't going to be aroused by obeying all the time. Sometimes, we do it because we have to; enough said.

However, I'm the greedy sort. "It isn't always about arousal, bimbo" I'm told, from time to time. The thing is a direct command does arouse me. In the bedroom especially I do what I'm told instantly; I take what I'm given, without a shred of complaint. It is profoundly arousing to me. I give but, oh boy, do I receive!

It's the inability to partake in this 'give and take' that has so ailed me this year. As I said before, something had to give and it delights me to say that he did indeed give, and take.

14 comments:

  1. I am glad that thing are looking up. Other then that, article-wise, this post is great. The way and the simplicity of your explanations and your messages is always a pleasure for me to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David F: Thank you. That's a lovely compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful for you, Vesta! I agree that obedience is very arousing, but I can't imagine obeying this way with anyone other than that one special man, either. Even a mundane, outside of the bedroom task, can be very satisfying for me if I am doing it to obey him. It is the obedience itself that is very arousing.

    Susan aka July Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan: I think this story is well worth the read - http://domwithpen.tumblr.com/post/68873489943/life-changing-letter. It was a change in her attitude - that she wanted to do things to please him - that made all the difference in the world for both of them. Yet, I'd have to say that over the weekend the obedience didn't have a thought process attached to it. It was pure instinct, perhaps something that equated to "It is the obedience itself that is very arousing."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear this! Hopefully this is a milestone for both of you.

    It is hard to imagine doing this with someone I don't love however I can understand why/how people do it. I also think you reach a deeper level if you have a deep bond but some people don't want that level so... to each their own I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Misty: Yeah. There are so many scenarios out there and I don't discount the idea that something very special could happen with someone who is virtually a stranger. However, I think it may be much easier when one feels the love both ways. It takes quite a lot of 'letting go' and someone like me isn't likely to get to that place until I have a strong sense of trust and connection. Most importantly, for me, the situation would be compromised by my need to belong. If they were heading home to the wife, that's something I'd find very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does take an enormous amount of trust to be able to obey to such levels. And even in a long standing relationship if that trust goes then so does the obedience and submission. I'm so glad he heart you and you both got what you both needed :-) long may or continue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Without trust..there is nothing

    ReplyDelete
  9. kiwigirliegirl: I'm surmising here... I have a feeling I'd be able to obey in various scenarios, but, would I be able let go, would I feel safe, would I want to repeat the experience, or might I close down and go deep inside myself? Also, since I tend to get off on fear, would a fearful situation overwhelm me? I tend to be the type of woman who wants to make a deep connection with another human being. When that is established, I think all else is possible. If the trust is there, the foundation is there and you can build anything you want.

    siranneal: I completely agree with you. Would love to hear more of your thoughts. Might you consider a little writing in your journal?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uninspired as of late. Being a visual creature I've taken some time off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. siranneal: Uninspired? Oh, we can sort that out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did consider it...a short short.
    I "trust" you will appreciate the effort..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think for me it highlights that there are so many different flavours of kink. "I don't see how BDSM can happen with someone you don't know well" is right for you; for others, "stranger danger" is a huge turn-on. That's not to say that there are right or wrong answers: just different people with different needs.

    As ever, a wonderful post, beautifully written and thought-provoking. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Abel: I agree, so many differing needs and none of them are right or wrong.

    ReplyDelete