Friday, December 27, 2013

Helplessness

Sub-consciously many of us are working on some sort of negative feeling (e.g. sense of abandonment) from our past, perhaps attached to it, playing it out over and over until we reach some sort of consciousness of what is happening; perhaps finding some sort of resolution of that feeling.

If you consider my fantasy life, there isn't much doubt about the fact that it is associated with a feeling of helplessness. The fantasy this morning was a very typical scenario for me. Disobedience had ensued and when the matter was brought to my "owner's" attention, he made the necessary arrangements for my correction.

Although he had to rush off to a meeting (in my fantasies my "owner" is practically always a busy man who avails himself of a woman in the house to instigate some discipline for me on his behalf), the housekeeper was given instructions to see that I was paddled very soundly, such that sitting would be uncomfortable for the rest of the week. Then, I was to sit on my meditation cushion facing a wall, so as not to be distracted. I was to sit my beaten backside directly on the cushion and to think about my behavior, until my owner returned when we would discuss the matter.

To put it another way, I am at the mercy of other people in my fantasy life and subject to their rules and regulations. I am contained quite tightly and many situations taken for granted by most people are privileges to me. I am acutely aware that I am owned, that I am no more or less than property, and that whenever it should be deemed appropriate, required or enjoyed, I am corporeally disciplined.

It usually goes much further than a good thrashing. Certainly, intense anal training is part of my fantasy life and so too is intense use of my body; my holes. It is not at all uncommon for me to be restrained in ways where my holes are made available for prolonged use, sometimes by more (many more?) men than just my owner (as per his requirements of me). It's a challenging life I lead in my fantasies and the more challenge I face, the more I get off. Used and degraded intensely in a fantasy rolling through my head, my body may be covered in a coat of sweat, because the sort of smut that enters my mind, turns on my body in a very profound and deeply arousing way.

Some psychologists may say that a person like me is locked in a cycle of helplessness; that I am "attached" to that feeling, and that although I don't want to feel helpless in real life, in my mind I am playing the feeling out over and over again, until I can find a way to overcome that feeling of helplessness and move on with my life.

I am aware of this possible situation and I don't reject it. For several years now, via this online journal and other strategies, I have tried to bring my subconscious mind into my conscious awareness. I realize that I have, at times, felt very helpless and subject to the vagaries of life's winds blowing me about and rendering me helpless.

The awareness has been a great help to me. Conscious now of the helplessness cycle I'm also conscious of the ways that this feeling has held me back in life. This is tremendously helpful because it is opening doors in my mind to new possibilities. I am beginning to feel much more a creator of my own life and future rather than subject to the decisions of other people and 'destiny'. I feel more in control of my own life and the power of my own mind. I feel much more hopeful and much less helpless.

However, the fantasy life continues. Awareness has done absolutely nothing to alter the extreme arousal I experience when I fantasize or experience this helplessness in a scene played out in the bedroom. The more contained I am, the more helpless I feel and the more the other person is in control, the more intense my arousal.

I remain unconvinced that if I were to make wads of money or become an overnight creative success, and/or to have absolutely no reason to feel helpless in any way in my real life, that I would cease to have these fantasies. These fantasies have now been with me for over 50 years. My arousal from them continues to grow. My desire to feel helpless in such scenarios is very real. When they are acted out I feel a sense of relief; satisfaction; elevation of spirit and intense happiness.

It is interesting to me that although I feel less and less helpless in real life that my inner life still holds onto and covets feelings of helplessness. These men (and women by extension) are sometimes owners who have my best interests at heart (sort of) but they are often mean and nasty Headmaster types who see it as their role to train young women to obey men; to train them to understand their place and purpose; to service men. It is not all beer and skittles. It is not all well intentioned at all.

There is my real life and my conscious understanding that it is my right and my responsibility to be all that I can be in this life at the same time as my fantasy life makes all such thoughts void. My goodness, in my fantasy life I'm there to serve; to obey; to do exactly as told and only that. How profound it is (and how confusing at times) that I'm never more happy than in those minutes, hours and days after a good hiding; extensive use of my body; containment of my mind; reminder of my 'true purpose'. I never said it wasn't complicated!   

3 comments:

  1. Your fantasy life is certainly interesting.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have your helplessness stuff, but yes, the way things are now, where I have to do EVERYTHING to take care of myself, it's nice to have a few minutes, fantasy or real, where I don't have to worry about that stuff. I can put aside thoughts of the effort necessary to earn enough money to pay my rent and utilities, figuring out where the food money will come from, running all of my errands on foot on my days off when I really need to be recuperating from the physical and mental stress of my job.

    I read some blogs and Tumblrs that say things like, the woman's sole purpose is to be an opening for the man, she should have no other thoughts, no other things to do, she should be used so hard she can't walk for a week. That might actually be kind of nice, but unless the person doing all the using of me is paying my bills and running my errands, I need to be able to get to work, perform my job, and run the errands myself. So I need to be able to think and walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FD: I'm sure you meant it in the nicest way but I am a bit suspicious of the word "interesting". You see, back in my college days my room mate would bring back clothing from the city and show it to me and it seems that I'd tell her that various items were "interesting". She said that always meant that I didn't like them (which was right). Hadn't realized I was so transparent... Ha! Ha!

    Ticklish: I completely understand what you are saying. Reality keeps on keeping on and you know you have to be strong to get everything done and to endure at this time. You're a strong woman who needs to use your mind and your body in a particular way. To some degree, we all have this dilemma. One of the great achievements of a power exchange relationship is that the dominant of the relationship can make it easier for the other to 'let go' of all those concerns and leave the world behind for a time - even two hours of dismissing the world from your mind can make a heavenly difference to one's sense of happiness.

    So, as an "owned" girl there are even more opportunities to empty the mind and let it all go. Your only responsibility is to service the other, whilst he (or she) is creating an environment where you feel like a 'fucktoy' - that your only purpose is to receive pleasure/pain. That's the great value for me in all this - that sense of unloading my busy mind and sense of responsibility and simply being a sexual object for a time.

    It's a bit ridiculous, isn't it, to suggest that a woman should have nothing else to do but be an "opening". If we didn't use our minds to think intellectually or to organize that wouldn't be much of an outcome for our lives. I haven't met a man yet who would truly suggest (or want) this. But, I have spoken with men who do suggest that a woman (like me) should never forget that she is a "fucktoy" and I don't argue with that. That sort of mindset does indeed work best for me. So, I can run my errands or do my writing or organize a dinner party - whatever - but it is best, for me, to have at the back of my mind that I am a fucktoy. That is when I am happiest, for sure.

    ReplyDelete