Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cindi twitterz

I'm not a huge Twitter fan really but I signed the doll up to Twitter and gave it a test run some time ago. In the past few days, it occurred to me what a lovely vehicle for cindi that it is. Whilst I don't find the 140 character way of communicating all that much to my taste, the doll seems to be able to say so much in 140 characters. cindi really loves Twitter.

Then, I had the brain wave that I could connect the doll's twitter account to this web journal and in this way, give the doll a greater voice. Voila!

With so much distance between my husband and I still and for the forseeable future, I am thoroughly enjoying this added opportunity to connect with my inner doll each day. Her account is very pink. But, I imagine that is not much of a surprise. Some of the things she says are a bit silly and a bit ditzy but that's the way she is. Perhaps, she will grow on you.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Vesta and cindi

    Cindi's twitter already looks good and I'm sure it will be an exciting stream.

    Can I ask a technical question? Why did you start a twitter account when you already have a tumblr account? What does twitter give you that tumblr doesn't? Sorry for talking shop.

    PL

    ReplyDelete
  2. mouse twitz too.

    hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. PL: Well, we will see how it goes, but the structure of using 140 characters or less seems an ideal vehicle for cindi to say what she is all about - a doll's philosophy so to speak. Tumblr is a lovely way to express oneself in pictorial form but I suspect twitter might provide a different insight. One can but try.

    mouse: As my husband would say, that makes us two twits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had no less than three Twitter accounts. I am at a loss with myself as to why I rejoined after deleting the first one as I did that because I got very bored very quickly with it! I hope that Cindi enjoys it better than I did x

    ReplyDelete
  5. shape shifter: Time will tell. I had a go at saying things like, "Today is Yoga class" but honestly, why??

    ReplyDelete