Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Battle of wills

For most people, I imagine, sexual arousal doesn't happen every day. Supposedly, men think about sex copious times a day but even then I have to think it is a fleeting thing; a short circuit of the thinking, responsible brain that knows it must attend to business/economic matters. As Nicholas Cage in The Weatherman reminds us, the brain can be obsessive and that's when arousal overwhelms us. We just can't stop thinking about it. I've certainly known that feeling and it's a good feeling, until life gets tricky because you forget something as critical to your life's happiness and well being as remembering to bring home the tartar sauce for your wife.

I'm aware that some 'bottom' partners have daily rituals - to wear a corset, or to wear no panties, or to be naked at home. Then, there are the rituals like one member of the partnership irons the shirts or pays the bills. At times, there is something very sexy about a ritual. I think, for me, it is that there is a certain amount of force - control - associated with this. Maybe I feel that rituals are better than no rituals.

Yet, if something happens every day, if it is so ho-hum and defined that there is no doubt about it, does the arousal remain? Kinksters, of course, will find their love object always desirable - be that feet, or boots or long nails - but even then, I wonder if we all don't need a rest from that endless, circuitous desire for lust.

I read this morning that a remedy for some kinks is to initiate a very unpleasant smell around the kink object so that the kinkster will associate the nasty smell with the object and want to avoid the experience. Sometimes, my ongoing lust will initiate a feeling within me that I associate with 'too much'. I know that I need to take a break - immerse myself in activities that having nothing to do with sex, lust, power exchange or control. I live with certainty that the lust won't disappear so it's not at all a risky thing, certainly a good thing, to take a break from those activities, thoughts and apparatus that make for my lust. In this way, I can return to enjoyment of the lust later.

I think daily rituals can certainly be put in place. Once you've worn a corset daily for a while, living without a corset might seem unsettling. Once you've had long French acrylic nails the thoughts of regular nails may well seem impossible. And, this is where my argument falls down. This is a daily ritual, of sorts, for me, and it is well entrenched in my life. It suggests I can do rituals.

But, I'm struggling with another daily ritual, struggling to see it as something I can do continuously and struggling to see having the ritual as arousing, even though it has an erotic component. Actually, I struggled with the permanency of the acyclic nails at first too. Maybe, I'm in that stage again; struggling to accept that my own will means nothing here. I'm struggling to accept the significance of the daily ritual as to its power and effect on my day, my state of mind, and yes, to my high state of arousal. I'm caught in the vice between understanding that obedience is 'de rigeur' and the knowledge of what the daily ritual does to me. And, right now, the struggle is not being experienced so much as a turn on but rather a bit of a turn off.

I know that I am a natural submissive. My arousal of concepts associated with this state tell me that. Yet, I do find the 'every day' concept very difficult. Like, you mean there is no time off, I ask? There are no exceptions? There is no holiday or excuse acceptable? You mean, you're going to be a tyrant; an obsessive compulsive/anal retentive; rigid? Don't get me wrong, part of me loves rigid but part of me fights rigid, tooth and nail. In a battle of the wills, who must win? Don't even bother answering. I know. I know. Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. I know this isn't what your post is really about, but, don't women grow natural long nails anymore? I can't be the only one left, can I? If so, it would be really odd, that I, a former nail-biter, would end up being the last woman on earth with long natural nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiklish: It isn't fun to feel that life has left you behind when you were looking the other way, is it? Giggles. This happens to me all the time, by the way. One thinks one is up to date and the next thing you know the trend is already so very gone. The number of nail salons these days is quite extraordinary. I see women asking for (regular) manicures but I rarely see them have a manicure and also have long nails. Even old (as in 80+) women are having acrylic nails jobs (with shellac) because they find it so convenient and love having beautiful nails that don't break off so easily as their own. But, of course, what could possibly be wrong with growing your own nails to a long length? It's funny in a way because my mentor wanted me to get acrylic nails because they looked "fake". Of course, if you knew me you'd know that 'fake' isn't a word that sits well with me. I'd rather something 'natural' looking; authentic. But, I just let go and did it, eventually, and found myself adoring them. Given that I am a relatively well dressed, quality dressing sort of gal - understated mostly - it's noticeable that I have acrylic nails, and I must admit I adore the dichotomy. I'm sure it makes some people wonder about me, which makes me feel that I am keeping a secret, and I do so enjoy that game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so weird that intentionally doing something that looks fake is now considered a positive thing. My mother is heading toward 80 and she has acrylic nails done, but they don't look fake. Probably because she doesn't have them done with square tips like most people do.

      Delete
  3. Tiklish: It is strange in a way, yes, but they can look quite elegant, in my opinion. I think it relates to the nails and fingers appearing delicate in this way. But, I have had them this way for long enough to perhaps not be an impartial person. I have them filed ever so slightly round at the edges because I enjoy that look best. I think older women will almost always choose the round shape, which is entirely right for them.

    ReplyDelete