Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Reinvention

I had five couples to dinner on Saturday night. It was an old fashioned dinner party with everything laid on. It wasn't out of any sort of obligation that I did that but rather a strong desire to do things very well and give everyone a good time. They were effusive in their praise at the time and I have had some lovely phone calls thanking me for such a wonderful evening.

In fact all six couples have been together since our 20s and our marriages are all very strong. Patricia (let's call her) said to me just now that my husband was "devoted" to me and it pulled me up with a round turn. She is absolutely right. He is devoted to me; still passionate, loving and turned on by me.

She is moving to Singapore with John (let's call him) and although she doesn't want to move to Singapore again we agreed she needed to think of it as an "adventure". She said to me "at our age, darling, in our 50s now, we have to reinvent our marriages." I smiled. Little did she know that I reinvented mine some years ago and have had a blast doing so, revelling in being "the slut", that object that needs use. That would be too much information so instead of telling her of my debasement, I simply agreed. As you do. Time indeed to reinvent our marriages!

My husband and I remain full of love for one another; deeply committed to one another and we look forward to the next part of our lives with a great sense of excitement and vigor. Honestly, who could ask for more?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you T/two are just as "in love" as ever, which leaves a warm feeling in my heart.

    Thanks for sharing, you cute homemaker you!

    Wishing you well,

    --kitten for Sir

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm always happy to see that my Master and i aren't the only long-married couple to turn to kink. W/we are happier now than ever, 20 years strong. You're right, who could ask for more?

    pepper

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 21, 2011

    It does sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kitten: That's me, homemaker extraodinaire! I'm the gal all kinky underneath the dress whilst I gather the "fruit cocktail and cold cuts".

    (Always smile when I think of that line. Does it come from some movie or other??!! Hmmmmm)

    pepper: Soooo much more fun, isn't it??!! If they only knew.

    Sir J: It's not at all bad, if I do say so myself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only just caught up with this lovely, eloquent post, somewhat belatedly. It's truly touching and inspirational. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abel: Now that we have met, I can hear the lilt of your voice in the words you write and it made me smile. I could see you saying the words, even remember the lovely hugs you gave me...and you are an *excellent* hugger.

    Thank you for this, so very much.

    ReplyDelete