Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Endings

Endings are difficult. Where does one end a story, a play, a novel, a blog? Often, one ends a story with the protagonist in much the same place as they were at the beginning of the story, but changed in some important way. I've been writing in the power exchange arena since late 2008 but in many ways I am still living the life I led when I began writing on these pages.

Yet, I've changed. I'm a great fan of Brene Brown and her research into vulnerability and shame. Over time, I  think I was responding to some negative feelings of shame and vulnerability, feelings that I wanted to shake off.

As Brene says, if courage is your value then you have to walk through vulnerability. You have to embrace that feeling in even the hardest moments.

I've talked about looking and finding joy in my life and like Brene I believe that joy comes into your life when you practice love and gratitude. Look for moments of gratitude in your day and you'll start to feel joy.

One of Brene Brown's big statements, one that Oprah likes too is "when we lose our tolerance to be vulnerable joy becomes foreboding". We just have to accept, as human beings living on this planet that vulnerability is part of the package. To be 'the man standing in the arena' is what is important, to demonstrate courage.

To find my courage. This has been my big life lesson and one that being 'overseen' assisted. I've certainly no regrets about exploring life through power exchange relationships because that arrangement helped me to acknowledge my true, best self. It has brought me great joy.

It's time for me to move on to other endeavors. It's been a wonderful experience for me to have had the opportunity to write in this web journal but it is, quite simply, time to move on. I'll keep the journal up for a time but no further entries will be made. There's time to interact with me if you choose to do so, but about the end of the month, I'll close this journal to public readership.

Thank you for reading. Be well.

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 18, 2014

    Darling girl, please don't go, I will miss you so much. Check your mails. It's always been a joy and a pleasure to read your words, love you, Janey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 18, 2014

    I will be sad to see it end, but you must do what you must do. How often you have beautifully articulated what I was thinking or feeling. Thank you.

    Susan aka July Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Janey and Susan: I'd like to write using my real identity from now on. Granted, I can't write in quite the same way as I have done here, but I'd be delighted to send you the address once I am sorted. I have a major project to do first, but once that it is done I'll get onto a new home for my writing. xx

    ReplyDelete